Engaged people, connected communities and sustainable environments across the Wellington region.
To prudently manage and effectively distribute the Trust’s funds to enhance people’s lives and the environment of the Wellington region.
These values underpin our work:
Social Justice and Equity
Creativity and Innovation
- We recognise Te Tiriti o Waitangi. As a Trust we aspire to achieve the kinds of relationships between Tangata Whenua and Tangata Tiriti which were envisioned by the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- We strive to understand the changing needs and priorities of our region
- We work with others to make the greatest impact
- We seek to understand and promote the difference our granting makes to people and places
- We are accountable for the stewardship of the Trust’s funds and the effectiveness of our grants
As well as funding community groups across the Wellington region, Wellington Community Trust (WCT) works in partnership with local government, other funders, and community and charitable organisations to realise our vision.
Our funding supports groups that work to enhance the Wellington region and enrich the lives of the people who work and live here.
We aim to generate returns from our investments so that we have a consistent amount of funding to distribute in the Wellington region each year. We do this by managing and diversifying our investments so that WCT’s capital is protected and continues to grow.
We operate using sound governance and management practices. This means we can be effective and efficient in doing our work.
How we work
When you work with us, you can expect us to:
- carry out our purpose according to our values
- understand the needs and priorities of our region
- understand what our granting is achieving
- work with you and other organisations so we can maximise our impact.
We recognise that high ethical standards and behaviour are central to good governance. To manage actual and perceived conflicts of interest, WCT has a documented code of conduct which we regularly monitor and review.