Before you apply, you need to check that you meet our overall funding criteria as well as the criteria that relate to the type of grant you’re applying for.
Criteria for all applicants
To apply to us for a grant, you must meet the following criteria.
- Your activities take place within the wider Wellington region – Kapiti Coast including Otaki, Porirua, Wellington and/or the Hutt Valley.
- Your group is an incorporated society or a registered charitable trust.
- You are not asking us to fund your project retrospectively.
- The project starts within 12 months of you receiving the funding.
- You are not receiving funding from one of our other funding programmes – this doesn’t include the Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards.
Note: it’s unusual for us to meet the full cost of your project.
Projects we don’t support
We don’t make grants to projects that:
- are commercial ventures
- contribute to a capital fund or debt reduction
- benefit or promote one person
- promote a religious or political message rather than provide an activity or service
- directly fund scholarships.
Organisations we don’t fund
There are some organisations that we don’t fund to manage their main activities or business:
- health support agencies
- schools, kindergartens or play centres
- sports and recreation clubs.
Sometimes we fund these organisations when they undertake community initiatives or special projects.
Criteria specific to our funding programmes
Before you apply, check the funding criteria that relate to the type of grant you’re applying for.
If you’re unsure about whether you can apply, then contact us to discuss your project. Even if we can’t fund it, there may be other ways we can help.