Before you apply, you need to check that you meet our overall funding criteria as well as the criteria that relate to the type of grant you’re applying for.
Criteria for all applicants
To apply to us for a grant, you must meet the following criteria.
- Your activities take place within the Wellington region – Kapiti Coast including Otaki, Porirua, Wellington and/or the Hutt Valley.
- Your group is an incorporated society or a registered charitable trust.
- You are not asking us to fund your project retrospectively.
- The project starts within 12 months of you receiving the funding.
- You are not receiving funding from one of our other funding programmes – this doesn’t include the Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards.
- You have not applied to us within the current financial year (for any of our funding programmes).
Note: it’s unusual for us to meet the full cost of your project.
- Commercial ventures
- Contribution to a capital fund or debt reduction
- Promotion of a religious or political message
- Individuals including scholarships
- Endowments, capital funds, other trust funds
- Central or Local government
- Overseas travel
Within each of our priority areas the following exclusions apply:
- Core primary healthcare including hospitals
- Schools, including universities, child care centres & kindergartens
- Primary health & single issue health organisations
- Building construction
- School halls, gymnasiums or swimming pools
- Purchase of buildings
- Operating costs for sports clubs
- Council maintained sports fields
If you’re unsure about whether you can apply, we welcome you to give us a call to discuss your project. And even if we can’t fund it, there may be other ways we can help.