Our vision and mission
Our vision is active people, resilient communities and sustainable environments
Our mission is to grow the Trust funds to benefit the Wellington region
- Diversity – supporting and celebrating the diversity of all the communities and cultures across our region.
- Creativity and Innovation – encouraging and embracing new ideas.
- Collaboration and Respect – working with others fairly and openly whilst respecting their values and aspirations.
- Accountability – for the stewardship and sustainability of the Trust’s funds and the effectiveness of our grants.
As well as funding community groups across the Wellington region, Wellington Community Trust (WCT) works in partnership with local government, other funders, and community and charitable organisations to realise our vision.
Granting that makes an impact
Our funding supports groups that work to enhance the Wellington region and enrich the lives of the people who work and live here.
We aim to generate returns from our investments so that we have a consistent amount of funding to distribute in the Wellington region each year. We do this by managing and diversifying our investments so that WCT’s capital is protected and continues to grow.
We operate using sound governance and management practices. This means we can be effective and efficient in doing our work.
How we work
When you work with us, you can expect us to:
- carry out our purpose according to our values
- understand the needs and priorities of our region
- understand what our granting is achieving
- work with you and other organisations so we can maximise our impact.
Conflicts of interest
We recognise that high ethical standards and behaviour are central to good governance. To manage actual and perceived conflicts of interest, WCT has a documented code of conduct which we regularly monitor and review.
Each year we publish an annual report of our activities. We also hold an Annual Public Meeting to celebrate our work and the achievements of the groups we support.